Monoweld Galvanizers is one of South Africa’s largest jobbing hot dip galvanizers, capable of processing in excess of 7 000 tons of steel per month.
Utilising the hot dip galvanizing method, the company has two dedicated general galvanizing lines, with a third multi‐purpose line. The third line is capable of processing small bore pipe on a semi‐automatic process line, as well as doing general hot dip galvanizing.
Monoweld Galvanizers is ISO14001:2004 accredited and has been awarded level 4 BEE contributor status by bbbee wise Verifications and, as a result, boasts a procurement recognition level of 100%
The benefits offered to clients from the overall site facility include:
- Total flexibility across the 3 hot dip galvanizing lines.
- Throughput processing capability, especially on large contracts and projects, which results in faster delivery to site.
- Design and fabrication constraints on large and bulky products are significantly reduced.
- Enables the hot dip galvanizing of certain products which previously had to be painted.
- The new Line 2 kettle eliminates the need for double‐dipping on fabricated items between 2.3m and 3.8m in height, resulting in better quality finishes at a lower cost.
- Consistent good quality.
Monoweld Galvanizers is well equipped to handle any large project where speed of throughput is a critical requirement. There is an abundance of space for loading, post galvanizing inspection and warehousing, with eight loading bays and in excess of 12 000m² of warehouse area. The facility is served by 39 overhead cranes and 7 forklifts.
Value Adding Services
- Technical assistance on corrosion protection and correct fabrication for hot dip galvanizing
- Post galvanizing back‐up services
- Transport service for collection and delivery
- Lay‐down areas for inspection and collation
- Dispatching direct to site
- Shot Blasting facility on site
- Mobile thermal zinc metal spraying units
- Subcontractor office space with data conversion capability